Lab manager (f/m/x) in Cologne in Köln
Arbeiten an der Uniklinik Köln heißt die Zukunft mitgestalten. Finden Sie jetzt die richtige Ausbildung und werden Sie ein Teil von uns.
The successful candidate should be pro-active with strong interpersonal skills who is able to confidently interact with members of the research group and to advise on experimental design; hands-on experience working with genetically engineered murine models is a key skill. Fluency in German and English is a prerequisite for the advertised position. Prior experience in general laboratory management and knowledge of the German research landscape are desirable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordination, monitoring and auditing of all processes concerning animal welfare licenses and compliances with german animal welfare laws
- Coordinate finances and lab management
- Ensure lab members’ compliance with biological, genetic, and chemical safety programs, SOPs, protocols, and policies
- Provide support for onboarding of new lab members and transitions for departing lab members
- Help train junior members in the group and supervise technicians
- Promote a positive, supportive, and motivating lab atmosphere
- Update and maintain the group websites
Essential qualifications and competencies:
- Doctoral Degree with minimum two years of post-doctoral research experience
- Expertise in working with genetically engineered murine models, holder of FELASA C qualifications
- Experience with project license applications and their approval processes
- Experience in cooperation with authorities and documentation according to Animal Welfare Act
- Project management according to animal protection law and GenTSV (S1/S2)
- Fluency in German and English
- Strong organization skill and thorough record keeping
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload to meet project requirements
- Strong collaborative ability and teamwork experience
- Knowledge in ageing and cancer biology
- Project leader status (S1/S2) according to GenTSV, BioStoffV
- Experience in multi-omics research projects and data analysis and storage
- Experience of working with clinical samples and handling of MTAs
- Experience in supervising junior researchers and managing personnel
- A varied job in a highly interesting and challenging research topic
- A fair working environment with appreciative cooperation
- Possibility to develop side projects according to personal interests
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Flexible working time models to support family life
- Occupational health management offers
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future - the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 59 clinics and institutes as well as numerous other departments and facilities and more than 10,000 jobs. The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Cologne and the University Hospital Cologne assume important social tasks in research, teaching and patient care. A close network with many university and non-university partners guarantees an internationally successful science and the excellent education of our students.
The scientific work is carried out in the Max Planck Research Group "Mechanisms of DNA Repair" headed by Dr. Jachimowicz at the Max Planck . The research group investigates the relationship between genome instability and DNA repair mechanisms with regard to the role in aging, carcinogenesis and for possible treatment approaches.
The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing was founded in 2008 and is part of a broad network of research institutions in the Cologne-Bonn area dedicated to research on ageing and age-related disease, constituting a vibrant and collaborative environment for research. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology and excellent core facilities, the institute provides outstanding research opportunities for its scientists. At the moment, we host about 400 employees from 34 different nations.
Applications from female candidates are expressly welcome and will be given priority in the event of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply and will be treated preferentially in the event of equal suitability and qualification.
+49 221 478 - 77846
Application deadline: 17.04.2022
Postal address:Universitätsklinikum Köln AöR
- Medizin / Gesundheitswesen
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns, wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.