WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The 35-person department for which we are looking for you is a mixture of experienced colleagues from simulation and games developers. The tools and techniques used here for the real-time 3D visualization of training scenarios overlap a lot with the games industry (real-time 3D rendering engines like Unity or Unreal as well as DCC tools like 3ds Max, Blender, Substance). In the department both the 3D engine (visual systems) and the 3D content (terrain databases and 3D models) and related toolchains/workflows are further developed and used in a variety of different projects in the field of aviation, navy and army.
This is what you can expect:
- You will work in a powerful team on our modern content generation toolchain for large simulators such as flight pilot and ship bridge simulators and further develop the core technologies of the tools used (e.g. Trian3DBuilder)
- The tools developed in your team are used for the creation of virtual 3D representations of real existing areas (up to 100,000 sqkm large training areas for large simulators for education/training purposes)
- You will develop concepts for ensuring an efficient and stable generation pipeline for virtual worlds in simulation using a high degree of automation
- You will develop new workflows in consultation with the Content Creation Team and the Visual Systems Team in order to jointly increase visual quality and implement efficiency-enhancing procedures
- You are involved in the development of future research and development topics and thus ensure that the technologies of tomorrow are available