Game Designer (all genders) in Hamburg
Let the games begin and become a part of our team. Goodgame Studios successfully fuses art and science and has thus become Germany's biggest game developer. We merge analytical science with dynamic creativity.
Level: Experienced Professionals
Department: Live Games
Become a part of our unique success story and join us as a Game Designer at Goodgame Studios. We self-publish our games in-house and have all relevant professions under one roof: Game Development, Quality Assurance, Community Management and Customer Support to Business Development, Marketing, Analytics and Central IT services. We are focused on achieving long-term, sustainable success thanks to our analytical expertise, economic vitality, and by selecting the best talent around.
As a Game Designer (all genders), you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our games. You are an ambitious game designer who has a broad background in game design. You are passionate to come up with new gameplay experiences that will take our games to the next level. Your initiative, strong communication skills and assertiveness help you to achieve success. Conquer the gaming world with the best colleagues and the most exciting company around - apply now!
- Design and iterate on features & feature enhancements that drive user acquisition, increased retention, & monetization
- Partner with other designers and system designers to develop high quality content in line with the game's overall strategy
- Create and keep up to date design documents, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts and any other necessary documents to communicate the design functionality and vision
- Embrace a metrics-informed approach to game design, learning from user data to ensure excellent engagement, retention, and monetization
- Proactively seek out gameplay problems and provide solutions
- Be able to communicate clearly the design intention to the team and support them whenever they have questions
- Experience in F2P game design, with experience shipping at least one title
- Excellent understanding of F2P game models, business models and the varying motivations that drive players to keep playing
- Problem solving, results oriented, self-motivated and disciplined
- Continuously learning, constantly seeking opportunities to experiment, fail fast, optimize workflows and foster open communication
- Very good organization and efficient time management skills
- Very good written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of Unity
- Excellent understanding of UI/UX principles
Will be a Plus:
- Having handled live operations and post-launch updates for at least one title
- A professional team of experts that has fun at work
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a balanced work-life balance
During this difficult time of the Covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why we switched to a solely virtual recruiting process for the time being. We are still hiring and happy to receive your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree)!
Your contact person for this job offer is Patrick Corts.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 500 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Online Marketing / eCommerce
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.