Postdoctoral researcher (f/m/x) in Köln
Arbeiten an der Uniklinik Köln heißt die Zukunft mitgestalten. Finden Sie jetzt die richtige Ausbildung und werden Sie ein Teil von uns.
- Immunological and transcriptomic analyses of patient derived samples
- DNA- and RNA-sequencing in collaboration with the Cologne Center for Genomics
- Single cell-, epigenetic- and FACS-analysis of immune cell subsets
- Close cooperation with our medical and experimental collaboration partners
- Presentation of the data within consortial meetings as well as national and international congresses
- Publication of the results in high-impact journals
- You hold a Ph.D. in Biology, Biotechnology, or equivalent
- Strong background in molecular biology and/or biochemistry
- Experience in experimental design and execution of (epi)genetic and transcriptomic assays would be an advantage, but not mandatory
- Basic knowledge in bioinformatics analysis of large datasets would be an advantage
- Additional training in these methods will be provided
- Excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent, self-responsible and team-oriented
- Excellent data reporting and communication skills
Have we awakened your interest? Please submit your application (including a detailed CV, list of publications, two references and a brief statement of research interests).
The University of Cologne offers a wide range of scientific disciplines and internationally leading profile areas organized in six faculties. At the Faculty of Medicine 1.800 scientists are engaged in research, ranging from basic sciences to clinical application, as well as teaching and health care. Together with the University Hospital Cologne the faculty maintains 58 clinics, research institutes and centres. 3.400 students study in this dynamic and innovative environment. The Faculty of Medicine and the University Hospital Cologne are embedded in the scientifically highly active Rhine region. They have strong contacts to and alliances with the surrounding universities and non-university research institutions guaranteeing scientific excellence in research and teaching.
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future - the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 59 clinics and institutes as well as numerous other departments and facilities and more than 10,000 jobs. The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Cologne and the University Hospital Cologne assume important social tasks in research, teaching and patient care. A close network with many university and non-university partners guarantees an internationally successful science and the excellent education of our students.
The position is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) within the research consortium “Immune Dysregulation and Epigenetic Memory in Post-Covid Syndromes” headed by (, University Hospital Cologne), Prof. Dr. Clara Lehmann (Dept. of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Cologne), Dr. Peter Tessarz (Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne) and Prof. Dr. Henning Walczak (University of Cologne, Institute for Biochemistry). The consortium aims at improving our understanding of immune dysregulation and epigenetic modifications underlying post-COVID syndromes (PCS). The successful applicant will perform extensive epigenetic phenotyping on our large post-COVID syndrome (PCS) biomaterial collection. The project will be conducted within the Translational Research Unit – Infectious Diseases (TRU-ID), which offers state of the art research environment at the Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne covering modern lab space from BSL1 to BSL3.
Applications from female candidates are expressly welcome and will be given priority in the event of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply and will be treated preferentially in the event of equal suitability and qualification.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Contact:Priv.-Doz. Dr. Jan Rybniker
+49 221 478-89611
Application deadline: 29.05.2022
Postal address:Universitätsklinikum Köln AöR
- Medizin / Gesundheitswesen
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns, wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.