PhD student (f/m/x) in Köln
Arbeiten an der Uniklinik Köln heißt die Zukunft mitgestalten. Finden Sie jetzt die richtige Ausbildung und werden Sie ein Teil von uns.
- Cloning, recombinant expression, purification of molecular probes, such as antibodies and enzymes
- Development of single-cell genomics technologies
- Preparation and analytics of genomic DNA/RNA/chromatin/nuclei from rodent tissues Bulk and single-cell genomics sample prep. and bioinformatics analysis
- Conduct collaborative efforts across disciplines (e.g. epigenomics, aging, cancer)
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in bioinformatics, biochemistry, biomedicine and genetics, completed with above-average grades
- Experience in bioinformatics, biochemistry, biomedicine and genetics
- Conceptual understanding of Genomics and related technologies
- Enthusiasm for aging-related research, epigenetics and genome instability
- High level of motivation, commitment, endurance and positivity
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team
- Excellent communication in English (written and speech)
The CMMC offers one of the best aging-related and cancer research environments in Europe, with partner institutes in direct reach, such as such as the Cologne Cluster of Excellence in Cellular Stress Responses in Aging-associated Diseases, Cologne Center for Genomics and Max-Planck Institute for Biology of Aging research. Hence, the Hänsel-Hertsch lab “(Epi)Genome structure and stability” at the CMMC is perfectly placed at an environment where the basic research meets its cutting edge of translational science. The CMMC environment further offers access to core-facility support for Imaging (Light and Electron Microscopy), Histopathology, Proteomics, Genomics, Cell-sorting, Animal facility, Bioinformatics. We have direct access to (single-cell) sequencing equipment.
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future - the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 59 clinics and institutes as well as numerous other departments and facilities and more than 10,000 jobs. The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Cologne and the University Hospital Cologne assume important social tasks in research, teaching and patient care. A close network with many university and non-university partners guarantees an internationally successful science and the excellent education of our students.
The is a multidisciplinary center at the University of Cologne providing a forum that brings together physician scientists with basic researchers from the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences to perform competitive basic, disease-oriented research. The mission of the CMMC is to advance the understanding of the underlying molecular and cellular mechanisms as a prelude to improving prevention, diagnosis and treatment of many common health problems.
Epigenome alterations and genomic instability are hallmarks of aging and cancer. However, it is not clear if and how age-related epigenetic alterations are linked with genome instability. Our laboratory explores how mammalian epigenomes, in particular structure and stability, evolve during aging and how alterations are linked with genome instability. For this project, the PhD student will employ our established genomic methods to characterise age-related genome structural and stability alterations, and how these factors impact (non)coding RNA synthesis. The PhD student will develop single-cell genomics technologies to characterise tissue aging in normal and accelerated aging models (Rodentia). Please visit to learn more about the group’s interests and ongoing research.
Applications from female candidates are expressly welcome and will be given priority in the event of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply and will be treated preferentially in the event of equal suitability and qualification.
Contact:Dr. Robert Hänsel-Hertsch
+49 221 478-96988
Application deadline: 01.05.2022
Postal address:Universitätsklinikum Köln AöR
- Medizin / Gesundheitswesen
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns, wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.