Summer camp lead instructors (m/f/d)
As Lead Instructor you coordinate camp activities and meetings along with the director. You monitor staff and camper progress and provide counsel when needed.
What are you going to do:
The International School of Stuttgart is a non-profit Kindergarten through 12th grade, CIS and NEASC accredited, IB World School offering an international curriculum to a student body of about 850 from over 30 nations. Among its strengths are its student-centered and holistic approach to learning and its commitment to professional development and emphasis on student pastoral care.
For our annual summer camp for children between 4 -12 years of age, we are looking to hire several SUMMER CAMP LEAD INSTRUCTORS for the period 21 June – 20 August, 2021 (you should be at least available for 5 consecutive weeks).
Are you a high energy, self-starter, who has experience working with children and youth in a camp setting? Do you have excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude as well as strong communication and teamwork abilities? Do you model positive behavior? Do you have a genuine interest in the development of youth? You have supervisory experience; you are a positive role model and solve problems effectively?
If your answers are yes, you should keep reading. :-)
As Lead Instructor you coordinate camp activities and meetings along with the director. You monitor staff and camper progress and provide counsel when needed. As Lead Instructor you are the primary caregivers for each camper and you are responsible for planning, teaching, coordinating, and carrying out activities and guiding campers in their personal growth and daily living skills.
- Oversee program activities, field trips and assist the camp director when needed.
- Plan staff schedule to ensure all staff in the age group gets appropriate breaks, and there are appropriate numbers for all activities.
- Report any positive or negative staff issues to the director.
- Act as lead counselor for camp programs and activities for an assigned group of campers
- Organize and monitor day camp programs to ensure maximum participation from campers
- Oversee and actively participate with campers through projects and fun camp activities
- Supervise field trip activities
- Plan and provide daily EAL/ESL or DaF instruction
- Make sure all equipment and supplies are ready and set-up for activities in advance and that it is properly cleaned up and stored at the conclusion of the activity or day.
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement and empowerment of youth.
What we offer:
- A fast paced, exciting environment for seasonal employment
- Experience in an international educational environment
- Be a part of a close-knit team of international summer staff, fun isn’t just for kids!
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Value and respects the views and needs of children and young people
- Have up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the protection of children and young people
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the If you are interested in this exciting position and are at least 18 years old, please apply with the following documents:
- “Immatrikulationsbescheinigung” / certificate of enrollment
- Info about time frame of availability
- Proof of measles immunization
- Proof of first aid training, no older than 2 years (otherwise there would be a mandatory first aid course on Saturday, June 26, 2021)
- (work permit – if applicable)
An “Erweitertes polizeiliches Führungszeugnis” / police check with no records must be provided later in the application process. button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
This would be great as well:
- Experience working in a diverse, multicultural environment
- EAL and/or DaF certification would be a huge advantage
- Second language, preferably Deutsch :-)
- Education Level
- Hauptschule, Realschule, Fachabitur, Abitur, Hochschule/Universität, Andere
- Working hours per week
- Type of Contract
- Karrierestarter, Nebenjob/Wochenendjob, Ferienjob, Vollzeitstelle
- Salary indication
- 400,00€ pro Woche
- Responsible for
- Coordinating camp activities and meetings along with the director
- Profession Sub-category
- Freizeit / Tourismus, Pflege / Betreuung / Babysitting
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required
- Englisch, Deutsch
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.