Let the games begin and become a part of our team. Goodgame Studios successfully fuses art and science and has thus become Germany's biggest game developer. We merge analytical science with dynamic creativity.
Level: Experienced Professionals
Department: Live Games
Joining the Live Games Team
We’re focused on one mission: to make our successful MMO games technologically fit for 2021 and beyond.
Our teams pull off daring and courageous things, like writing our own transpiler to migrate hundreds of thousands of lines of code from Flash to TypeScript - and then rolling that out to a global, highly engaged player base, successfully. No-one has done this before us, definitely not at this scale.
We’ve moved almost all of our critical infrastructure to AWS; we run Lambda functions written in node.js in production, while also feeding our huge Java monolith that just kept growing over the years.
We integrate React and Vue apps into our legacy Flash games; we mix and match and build for the future, while respecting our past. Clearly this isn’t for everyone. It’s for the daring, the creative, the out-of-the-box-thinkers, the experienced, the multi-linguists, the curious, the getting-sh*-done-ers.
If you think you’re one of them, you may have found your new home. Come join us.
- You will be owning the technical design and implementation of new and existing Web-based features that run on millions of desktop and mobile devices all over the world, 24/7/365; specifically, you will technically lead the ongoing development of our engaging in-game shop experience.
- Leading your small and focused team, you establish and implement practices and processes that guarantee a consistently high level of quality (linting, testing, deployment).
- You empower internal and external developers to create new Web-based features by providing them with clean APIs and guidance.
- Automate all the things! We have made a lot of headway into automating major parts of build/deployment/monitoring/alerting/recovery, but we still need more. Our end goal is having fully autonomous systems, you - together with current DevOps engineers - will help us get there, faster!
- You have a strong software engineering background and are experienced writing real, end-user facing production code with actual load and uptime requirements. Experience here means heavy involvement in designing the solution and an active role coding it.
- You are capable of provisioning an entire functioning system from start to finish, using configuration management tools.
- You bring demonstrated experience designing and implementing REST or GraphQL APIs.
- Several years of hands-on experience with frontend development, including popular frameworks like Vue and/or React, and, of course, HTML and CSS.
- Several years of hands-on experience with backend development in Node.js, including AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions or similar; experience with Serverless Framework is a plus.
- Team leadership experience.
- Experience with cloud services like AWS or Google Cloud (Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Cloudfront, etc).
- Experience developing and shipping plugins for frontend platforms (eg Trello PowerUps) is a plus.
- Experience creating and shipping plugin framework is a very strong plus.
- Personal and professional growth within our international teams while working with one of the biggest and most successful game developers in Germany
- Results-oriented team work that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a balanced work-life balance
- Free access to fresh fruits, snacks and drinks
- A gaming and lounging area with access to our beautiful rooftop terrace
During this difficult time of the Covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why we switched to a solely virtual recruiting process and are offering our employees to work remotely from anywhere within Germany. We are still hiring and happy to receive your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree)! #Stayhome #Stayhealthy
Your contact person for this job offer is Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 500 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Online Marketing / eCommerce
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.