PhD Student (f/m/x) in Köln
Arbeiten an der Uniklinik Köln heißt die Zukunft mitgestalten. Finden Sie jetzt die richtige Ausbildung und werden Sie ein Teil von uns.
- The successful candidate will join a dynamic research lab and will participate in the analysis of the pathomechanisms of neuromuscular disorders
- In this particular project, we are seeking to understand the underlying molecular mechanisms that lead up to and consequences of endocytotic pathway defects in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
- Known protective disease modifier genes will further be investigated in respect to their ability of rescuing these defects
- This project will use a variety of cutting-edge technologies, such as working with transgenic animal models, primary cell cultures, and human induced pluripotent stem cells
- With the use of live-imaging technologies and electrophysiological measurements, the candidate will be able to take a wholesome approach in understanding vesicular trafficking and local axonal translation in SMA
Please see also further literature (Oprea et al., Science, 2008; Hosseinibarkooie et al., Am J Hum Genet, 2016; Riessland et al., Am J Hum Genet, 2017; Janzen et al., Brain, 2018; Wirth et al., Ann Rev Genom & Hum Genet, 2020 ).
- We are searching for a highly motivated and qualified scientist holding a M.Sc., M.D. or equal qualification with research experience in the field of molecular and cell biology, preferentially in the field of neurosciences.
- We offer a stimulating scientific environment, the lab has numerous national and international collaborations, excellent supervision
- The PhD candidate will be part of the newly DFG funded CRC 1451 on “Motor control in health and disease” and part of the hereby associated graduate school
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future - the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 59 clinics and institutes as well as numerous other departments and facilities and more than 10,000 jobs. The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Cologne and the University Hospital Cologne assume important social tasks in research, teaching and patient care. A close network with many university and non-university partners guarantees an internationally successful science and the excellent education of our students.
The Institute of Human Genetics embedded in the Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne (CMMC) provides a forum that brings together physician scientists with basic researchers from the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences to perform competitive basic, disease-oriented research. The mission of the Institute of Human Genetics is to advance the understanding of the underlying molecular and cellular mechanisms of genetic inherited disorders as a prelude to improving prevention, diagnosis and treatment of many common health problems.
For further information, please visit the site and .
The Institute of Human Genetics Cologne invites applications for a 3-year a Ph.D Student (f/m/x) position to conduct the research project “Vesicular trafficking and local axonal translation in Spinal Muscular Atrophy”
Candidates should submit their application including a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, description of research experience, publication overview (if applicable), and the contact addresses of two academic referees.
Applications from female candidates are expressly welcome and will be given priority in the event of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply and will be treated preferentially in the event of equal suitability and qualification.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Contact:Professor Dr. Brunhilde Wirth or Dr. Marlen Lauffer
+49 221 478 86833/ -86464 or +49 221 478 89523
Application deadline: 17.01.2021
Postal address:Universitätsklinikum Köln AöR
- Veröffentlicht am
- Medizin / Gesundheitswesen
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.