Translation Working Student (f/m/d) for Supply Chain Management (German native speaker) in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Supply Chain Management (SAP SCM) enables collaboration, planning, execution, and coordination of the entire supply network, empowering customers to adapt their supply chain processes to an ever-changing competitive environment.
For our SCM applications and products we are currently looking for a translation working student to join our User Assistance (UA) team.
The development teams for the SCM teams are distributed across the globe. To ensure close collaboration and synergies with other UA team members, you will be a member of a UA team, based in Walldorf.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a working student in translation, you will work closely with translators in our team and will assist them in translating SCM product documentation. After thorough on-the job training, your task will be to:
• Translate user interface texts and product documentation for SCM from English to German
• Support in terminology work
• Dispatching of queries from external agencies
• Corrections of existing translations
• Maintenance of Wiki pages
• Translation Editing
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Native speaker of German
• Undergraduate student of Translation Studies or MA student of Translation studies (English/German)
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills German
• Very good written and spoken level of English
• Ability to work independently and with a high degree of accuracy
• Basic knowledge about standard translation tolls like translation memory software, such as SDL Trados
• Ability to communicate and collaborate in virtual teams
• Experience of Microsoft Office applications
• Interest in business processes and IT
For a working student (studentische Aushilfe or WerkstudentIn) the following applies:
- Maximum of 20 hours per week during semester
- Maximum of 40 hours per week during semester vacation
• Experience of living in an English-speaking country is a plus
• Translation experience and/or business experience is a definite asset
Did we peak your interest and you want to know more? Then what are you waiting for - send us your application and let’s talk! Then YOU are the right candidate for this position. We are looking forward to your application and getting to know you.
Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter, a resume in table form, school leaving certificates, certificate of enrollment, current university transcript of records, copies of any academic degrees already earned, and if available, references from former employers (including internships). Please describe as well your experience and skills in foreign languages and computer programs / programming languages.
#Workingstudent #Werkstudent #Germany #Deutschland #Student
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Kundenservice
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.