Postdoctoral position (f/m/x) in Köln
Arbeiten an der Uniklinik Köln heißt die Zukunft mitgestalten. Finden Sie jetzt die richtige Ausbildung und werden Sie ein Teil von uns.
- Conduct research on PI(4,5)P2in vitro and in vivo
- Analysis of clinical samples derived from tumor patients
- Writing scientific manuscripts and grant applications
- Presenting data on meetings
- PhD in life sciences (biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or a closely related field)
- Profound knowledge in cancer cell biology
- Enthusiasm to study basic mechanisms of disease processes.
- Experience in molecular biology, immunohistochemistry and cell culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as in a team
- We offer a stimulating scientific environment
- Applicants will have access to cutting-edge technology and the opportunity for collaborations in an excellent scientific setting, both, national and international
As a modern maximum-care hospital with a capacity of approximately 1,540 beds, the University Hospital of Cologne is dedicated to the practice of innovative academic medical excellence. At the Faculty of Medicine 1.800 scientists are engaged in research, ranging from basic sciences to clinical application, as well as teaching and health care. Together with the University Hospital Cologne the faculty maintains 58 clinics, research institutes and centres. 3.400 students study in this dynamic and innovative environment. The Faculty of Medicine and the University Hospital Cologne are embedded in the scientifically highly active Rhine region. They have strong contacts to and alliances with the surrounding universities and non-university research institutions guaranteeing scientific excellence in research and teaching.
Our laboratory recently showed that nuclear PI(4,5)P2is targeted by human papillomaviruses (HPV), which raises important fundamental questions regarding the oncogenic role of phospholipids in HPV-induced cancer development. Thus, the successful candidate will join a dynamic research lab and will assess the role of protein-phospholipidation with PI(4,5)P2in HPV-mediated cancer development, and further determine whether PI(4,5)P2may serve as a viable novel biomarker for early detection of persistent HPV replication, which very well may turn out to be an effective cancer prevention strategy as well. Literature:Marx et al., Oncotarget 2018;9(75):34142-34158; Hufbauer and Akgül, Viruses 2017;9(7):187; Hufbauer et al., Int J Cancer 2018;143(6):1426-1439.
Further information is available on the internet at .
We offer a stimulating scientific environment. Applicants will have access to cutting-edge technology and the opportunity for collaborations in an excellent scientific setting, both, national and international.
Applications from female candidates are expressly welcome and will be given priority in the event of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply and will be treated preferentially in the event of equal suitability and qualification.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees
- Veröffentlicht am
- Medizin / Gesundheitswesen
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.