Developer Advocate (Working Student) in Berlin
Prisma is looking for a Developer Advocate (Working Student) to help build Prisma Apps and examples, write technical blog posts, and speak at Prisma related online events.
Was du machen wirst:
At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
What do are we looking for in a Developer Advocate?
We are looking for a dedicated educator and developer to join us as a Developer Advocate to help people get familiar with and use Prisma most effectively.
While you have a background in software development, you should truly be driven and motivated by helping and educating others, and working with developers of all experience levels.
You are excited about explaining technical concepts in a simple way.
What does a Developer Advocate do at Prisma?
Here are some of the most typical responsibilities of a Developer Advocate at Prisma:
- (Primary) Building Prisma Apps and Examples: Create, share, and document sample Prisma apps across a variety of languages.
- Composing Blog Posts: Writing tutorials and other technical blog posts.
- Participating and Speaking at Events and Online Livestreams: Speak about Prisma related topics on livestreams and in-person events.
What are the requirements?
We believe the successful candidate will:
- Have practical experience in the Node.js ecosystem (knowledge of TypeScript is a plus)
- Be fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Be familiar with relational databases (knowledge of other databases is a plus).
- Be passionate about helping other developers solve problems and have an educational mindset.
The following experience would also be a plus:
- Experience working with Open Source Software and / or with the Open Source Community
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organization with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from UTC -1 to UTC +3 (Coordinated Universal Time).
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation package including high-end hardware.
- Opportunity to work with a team of world-class engineering, product, and design experts.
- Potential career path to become a full member of the team after you have completed your studies.
- Join our community events and developer conferences (Meetups, Prisma Day, GraphQL Conf)
- Be part of a thriving startup funded by Silicon Valley's top tier investors Kleiner Perkins and Amplify Partners.
Was wir bieten:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with a world-class team based across the globe
- Fully remote and flexible work
Was wir erwarten:
- Own PC with internet access
- Communication skills
- 6 to 12 months of relevant experience
- 0 to 6 months of relevant experience
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Eingeschriebene/r Student/in im Bachelor an einer staatlich anerkannten Hochschule
Are you the ideal candidate (m / f / d) for this position? Then apply now and we will contact you as soon as possible.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process for this role follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with our People Operations person.
- First Interview the Head of Developer Relations and Senior Developer Advocate
- Homework Assignment followed by a debrief with the Developer Relations Team and one or two guests.
- Team and Values Fit Interview with the Head of Engineering.
- Arbeitsstunden pro Woche
- Teilzeitjob, Praktikum, Werkstudentenstelle
- Zwischen 20,00€ und 25,00€ pro Stunde
- Verantwortlich für
- Developer Advocacy and Documentation
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.