Intern/Working Student/Thesis Student (f/m/d): SAP HANA Cloud and Continuous Software - Student in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
ABOUT THE TEAM
SAP HANA is a powerful data management platform for real-time business applications. At the core, SAP HANA is an in-memory database management system designed to simultaneously process transactional and analytical workloads in a wide range of environments, scaling from multi-core and multi-socket to distributed setups. SAP HANA Cloud is the future version of SAP HANA for cloud scenarios. To tackle the challenges of tomorrow, SAP is constantly adapting to the advancements in research and technology.
Offering a platform-as-a-service such as SAP HANA Cloud, it is crucial to react quickly to new requirements such as feature requests and issue mitigations. That requires new versions to be released fast and frequently. However, a fast and frequent release schedule must not negatively affect the quality as perceived by the customer. Therefore, it is necessary to not only adapt to development processes that are typically used for cloud scenarios, but also invent new solutions that are unique to the development of a very large software project such as SAP HANA Cloud Edition.
The concrete topic will be discussed together with the student in an interview. The topic is typically aligned to current business requirements and to the interests and experiences of the student.
To get an idea, the following list contains topics of current and past interest: Creation and analysis of automated deployment pipelines, continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, continuous big data analysis, continuous experimentation, identification of scaling opportunities, concepts for redundancy and replication, blue/green deployment, dark launches, shift left of full stack testing, empirical analysis, automation of software development tasks, automation of support and operations (intelligent HANA), automated release decision, conversion of software artifacts.
Expectations about the work:
- At SAP, we face many unique challenges for developing a large-scale cloud application. The student creates prototypes, tools or new concepts to solve these challenges
The student evaluates benefits and disadvantages of new tools and concepts
- Working student / student job (20 hours during lecture times)
- Internship (mandatory or voluntary)
- Bachelor/Master/Diploma thesis
- We support long term collaboration where the student can switch between working student, internship and thesis creation.
- At least until the end of 2020, the typical work environment is 100% working from home. This is supported by a remote onboarding process, a supervisor that is a domain expert in the topic, and software and hardware for remote work provided by SAP.
- Student of computer science or related fields at a higher education institution.
- Experience with programming demonstrated by existing projects. Experience with Python, SQL, or cloud technologies is a plus.
- Comfortable with English for daily communication (B level)
The application must contain (English or German):
- A cover letter that expresses your interest and academic or practical experiences with software engineering
- A CV that provides information about your programming experience
- A transcript of records (ToR) that contains the grades of all university-level courses/degrees
#Workingstudent #Werkstudent #Internship #Praktikum #Thesis #Germany #Deutschland #Student #hanaqa
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Kundenservice
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.