Intern/Working Student/Thesis Student (f/m/d): Usage Data Analysis for SAP HANA Cloud - Student in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
ABOUT THE TEAM
SAP HANA is a powerful data management platform for real-time business applications. At the core, SAP HANA is an in-memory database management system designed to simultaneously process transactional and analytical workloads in a wide range of environments, scaling from multi-core and multi-socket to distributed setups. SAP HANA Cloud is the future version of SAP HANA for cloud scenarios. To tackle the challenges of tomorrow, SAP is constantly adapting to the advancements in research and technology.
For the SAP HANA Cloud Edition, SAP takes care of database administration tasks such as installation und updates. With managing the installations, SAP has also more and new detailed insights about the usage of the software compared to traditional on-prem installations. This leads to new opportunities for evidence-based decisions about the continuous improvements of SAP HANA, but also leads to new challenges of how to gain reliable, helpful, and correct information from the big amount of data.
For example, there might be a diverse set of potential bug reports from various sources. What are the best ways to identify real issues and how to prioritize the work in such cases? How can SAP pro-actively identify potential issues and solve them ahead of time?
Expectations about the work:
- At SAP, we have many ideas what we could potentially achieve with the available data. The student investigates one or multiple of these ideas and can also propose new ideas
- The student implements a prototype to show information that can improve the decision processes for SAP HANA Cloud Edition
- The student evaluates the benefits and disadvantages of different approaches
- Working student / student job (20 hours during lecture times)
- Internship (mandatory or voluntary)
- Bachelor/Master/Diploma thesis
We support long term collaboration where the student can switch between working student, internship and thesis creation.
At least until the end of 2020, the typical work environment is 100% working from home. This is supported by a remote onboarding process, a supervisor that is a domain expert in the topic, and software and hardware for remote work provided by SAP.
- Curently enrolled student (f/m/d) of computer science or related fields at a higher education institution. Should have a basic understanding of software quality and interest in data exploration and data analysis.
- Experience with programming demonstrated by existing projects. Experience with Python, SQL, or cloud technologies is a plus.
- This topic is about technical usage data and not about not customer data. SAP does not analyze customer data. Therefore, the student should have a good technical understanding of software system architecture and does not need to understand customer business use cases.
- Comfortable with English for daily communication (B level)
The application must contain (English or German):
- A cover letter that expresses your interest and your potential competences in these topics
- A CV that provides information about your programming experience
- A transcript of records (ToR) that contains the grades of all university-level courses/degrees
#Workingstudent #Werkstudent #Internship #Praktikum #Thesis #Germany #Deutschland #Student #hanaqa
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Kundenservice
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.