Intern/Working Student/Thesis (f/m/d): Software to Improve the Productivity of SAP HANA Developers in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
ABOUT THE TEAM
SAP HANA is a powerful data management platform for real-time business applications. At the core, SAP HANA is an in-memory database management system designed to simultaneously process transactional and analytical workloads in a wide range of environments, scaling from multi-core and multi-socket to distributed setups. SAP HANA Cloud is the future version of SAP HANA for cloud scenarios. To tackle the challenges of tomorrow, SAP is constantly adapting to the advancements in research and technology.
At SAP HANA development, developers and the development teams require an environment that allows them to work with highest productivity. A high productivity is an important aspect, because it directly translates to improvements of SAP HANA. Furthermore, a high productivity provides the opportunity for developer to work on long-term projects, and it reduces frustration of individual developers about waiting times or repetitious and manual tasks. This requires improvements in tools and processes for software development.
The concrete topic will be discussed together with the student in an interview. The topic is typically aligned to current business requirements and to the interests and experiences of the student.
To get an idea, the following list contains topics of current and past interest: Visualization of git development workflow, explanation of development workflows, empirical research where developers spent and waste time, fault localization, bug reproduction tooling, bisecting, automated defect assessment, chaos engineering, isolation of test executions, efficient distribution of builds, user experience of CI/CD tooling, build issue detection and automatic repair, metadata creation and analysis, infrastructure stability and reliability.
Expectations about the work:
- At SAP, we have many ideas what we could improve and where our pain points are. The student investigates one or multiple of these aspects and can also propose new ideas
- The student implements software to help developers with their tasks
The student evaluates the benefits and disadvantages of new tools and changes
- Working student / student job (20 hours during lecture times)
- Internship (mandatory or voluntary)
- Bachelor/Master/Diploma thesis
We support long term collaboration where the student can switch between working student, internship and thesis creation.
At least until the end of 2020, the typical work environment is 100% working from home. This is supported by a remote onboarding process, a that is a domain expert in the topic, and software and hardware for remote work provided by SAP.
- Student of computer science or related fields at a higher education institution.
- Experience with programming demonstrated by existing projects. Experience with Python, SQL. Depending on the topic, experience with C++ may be a plus. Experience with Linux or similar unix-like operating systems is a plus.
Comfortable with English for daily communication (B level)
The application must contain (English or German):
- A cover letter that expresses your interest and academic or practical experiences with the development process
- A CV that provides information about your programming experience
- A transcript of records (ToR) that contains the grades of all university-level courses/degrees
#Workingstudent #Werkstudent #Internship #Praktikum #Thesis #Germany #Deutschland #Student #hanaqa
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Kundenservice
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.