Intern/Working Student/Thesis Student (f/m/d): SAP HANA Software Quality Improvements - Student in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
ABOUT THE TEAM
SAP HANA is a powerful data management platform for real-time business applications. At the core, SAP HANA is an in-memory database management system designed to simultaneously process transactional and analytical workloads in a wide range of environments, scaling from multi-core and multi-socket to distributed setups. SAP HANA Cloud is the future version of SAP HANA for cloud scenarios. To tackle the challenges of tomorrow, SAP is constantly adapting to the advancements in research and technology.
At SAP HANA, we manage software quality based on empirical evidence. We understand quality as the degree to which a set of inherent characteristics fulfills requirements (need or expectation) [ISO 9000]. Software quality management based on empirical evidences is important for several aspect. First and foremost, it is important for improving the quality of SAP HANA as perceived by customers. Second, it helps us to decide where we focus future activities to improve quality. Third, we expect to reduce costs for quality assurance without reducing the degree of quality. Given these aspects, we continuously strive to further improve software quality.
The concrete topic will be discussed together with the student in an interview. The topic is typically aligned to current business requirements and to the interests and experiences of the student.
To get an idea, the following list contains topics of current and past interest: Empirical analysis, quality of tests, test selection, test amplification, test creation, causal analysis of reasons for defects, automated creation of regression tests, flaky tests, test cost reduction, chaos testing, defect triaging and ranking, defect prediction, risk assessment of changes, risk model for software defects, quality comparison of components, quality comparison of different versions, test anomaly detection, evaluation of warnings.
Expectations about the work:
- At SAP, we have many ideas how we could further improve software quality. The student investigates one or multiple of these ideas and can also propose new ideas
- The student implements software that supports with software quality improvement tasks or investigates new approaches for quality improvements
- The student evaluates the benefits and disadvantages of new tools or of different approaches
- Working student / student job (20 hours during lecture times)
- Internship (mandatory or voluntary)
- Bachelor/Master/Diploma thesis
We support long term collaboration where the student can switch between working student, internship and thesis creation.
At least until the end of 2020, the typical work environment is 100% working from home. This is supported by a remote onboarding process, a supervisor that is a domain expert in the topic, and software and hardware for remote work provided by SAP.
- Currently enrolled student (f/m/d) of computer science or related fields at a higher education institution. Should have an interest in software engineering and software quality on a technical level.
- Experience with programming demonstrated by existing projects. Experience with Python and SQL is a plus. Depending on the topic, experience in C++ or other programming languages may be a plus.
- Comfortable with English for daily communication (B level)
The application must contain (English or German):
- A cover letter that expresses your interest and academic or practical experiences with software engineering
- A CV that provides information about your programming experience
- A transcript of records (ToR) that contains the grades of all university-level courses/degrees
#Workingstudent #Werkstudent #Internship #Praktikum #Thesis #Germany #Deutschland #Student #hanaqa
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Kundenservice
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.