Lead Developer - Unity (all genders) in Hamburg
Let the games begin and become a part of our team. Goodgame Studios successfully fuses art and science and has thus become Germany's biggest game developer. We merge analytical science with dynamic creativity.
Level: Experienced Professionals
Department: Live Games
We believe that only the best people will create the best products and drive a company to success. We work together as one team of people with the expertise and determination to achieve our goals collectively. We believe that teamwork, trusting our experts, and bringing different perspectives together to develop the best outcome are the heart and soul of game development.
In this role as a Lead Developer - Unity (all genders) you get the rare opportunity to bring a new game to life and develop it from start to finish. You lead and execute the technical design as well as the implementation of the Unity client, where you set up the project structure, decide on tools and workflows, work with server developers and are a guide for junior developers who can learn from you. You work directly with game designers and artists and report to the Studio Technical Director. Conquer the gaming world with the best colleagues and the most exciting company around - apply now!
- You are an experienced lead developer with relevant years of successful experience leading a small, focused team of developers
- Relevant years of personal experience working as a Unity developer in the games industry
- You’re self organized, motivated, focused and disciplined; a do-er & maker
- You have excellent knowledge of the Unity game engine, 2D, C# and OOP principles
- You have experience with iOS and Android Mobile Development
- You have an excellent understanding and practical experience of applying Software Architecture, how to structure a Unity project that scales, its workflows, pipelines, etc
- You have knowledge on Git and eventually Perforce
- Your understanding of and experience with cross-platform development and client server applications is excellent
- You are used to working in agile, fast paced environments
- You are a team player and leader, an excellent communicator who loves to work in an international team
- Your written and spoken English is excellent
- Take an active part in game creation and specification
- Client development of complex multiplayer mobile games
- Collaborate in the development of innovative new games in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Build Prototypes of concepts based on the game design
- Creating and improving our asset workflows
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code
- Share knowledge, help and mentor colleagues
- Must love to rollup your sleeves and get dirty with Unity3D; integrating textures, animation, meshes, adjusting lighting, setting camera angles, optimization, audio
- Personal and professional growth within our international teams while working with one of the biggest and most successful game developers in Germany
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a balanced work-life balance
- Free access to fresh fruits, snacks and drinks
- A gaming and lounging area with access to our beautiful rooftop terrace
During this difficult time of the Covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why we switched to a solely virtual recruiting process for the time being. We are still hiring and happy to receive your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree)!
Your contact person is: Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 400 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Online Marketing / eCommerce
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.