(Junior) Game Systems Designer / Balancer (all genders) in Hamburg
Let the games begin and become a part of our team. Goodgame Studios successfully fuses art and science and has thus become Germany's biggest game developer. We merge analytical science with dynamic creativity.
Department: Live Games
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 400 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront Group AB in 2018. Stillfront Group AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
As a (Junior) Game Systems Designer / Balancer (all genders), you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our big IPs Empire and Big Farm. High targets motivate you and help you develop innovative ideas for new and old features, always striving to bring our players the best gaming experience while balancing business needs. You will work together with our development team to find smart solutions to integrate your ideas into our games. Your initiative, strong communication skills and assertiveness help you to achieve success.
- Support to design and maintain innovative and compelling features and gameplay systems that maximize engagement while ensuring monetization and retention
- Analyze the game economy and develop solutions to ensure we hit our target KPIs
- Contribute to the optimization of game features and events based on data and user feedback
- Transfer successful game mechanics from seemingly different game genres
- Remain updated on current trends and game design strategies
- First experience in the design of MMO free-to-play games, with a focus on game balancing and systems design
- University degree in a relevant field (game design, math, psychology) is a plus
- Good knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets or similar
- High ability to understand player’s motivations and merge them with business needs to design powerful MMO features
- A love and passion for a wide variety of game genres
- Very good written and spoken English
- A professional team of experts that has fun at work
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a balanced work-life balance
During this difficult time of the Covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why we switched to a solely virtual recruiting process for the time being. We are still hiring and happy to receive your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree)!
Your contact person for this job offer is Patrick Corts.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Online Marketing / eCommerce
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.