Software Developer (all genders) in Hamburg
Let the games begin and become a part of our team. Goodgame Studios successfully fuses art and science and has thus become Germany's biggest game developer. We merge analytical science with dynamic creativity.
Level: Experienced Professionals
Department: Live Games
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 400 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront Group AB in 2018. Stillfront Group AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
Our live games team is searching for an experienced Software Developer (all genders) to work closely with our game design and monetization teams and develop new and outstanding gameplay features. Do you combine excellent coding skills and a DevOps mindset with the ability to think outside the box and want to achieve an amazing gameplay experience for our 300 million users?
Join us now and push our live games to the next level!
About the Job:
- Build new and exciting gameplay features and content keeping our online player base constantly engaged
- Work closely with the game design and monetization teams to ensure that all gameplay features meet the functional requirements and swiftly adapt to changes based on internal feedback, community reception, and big data analytics
- Keep the creative teams familiar with technical capabilities and limitations but push the envelope wherever feasible
- Refactor and modify existing and legacy features to accommodate new adjustments and dynamic content addition while increasing maintainability and modularity of our growing codebase
- Take responsibility for live operations with a DevOps mindset. Identify and mitigate weak points in stability and performance
- Coach and guide developers (e.g. through test design and code reviews) towards cleaner code design, wider test coverage and attention to efficiency
- Make intelligent decisions on the architecture of new and existing features
- You have a strong software engineering background and are experienced writing, end-user facing production code with real load and uptime requirements. By “experience” we mean: heavy involvement in designing and building the solution and an active role running it
- You are fluent in at least two common general-purpose programming languages; preferably you have in-depth understanding of Java or Node.js or both
- You have a proven track record in writing concurrent code and providing solutions that scale. This includes experience with performance profiling and optimization
- To you, DevOps is a mindset rather than a role or a skill set. You fully embrace that mindset and focus on stability, security, observability and maintainability of your solutions regardless of the underlying technology
- You are familiar with the tools of the trade beyond programming languages. On top of your excellent coding skills you have experience with some of the following topics: TDD, CI/CD pipelines, static code analysis, Monitoring/Alerting/ELK, containerization, infrastructure-as-code, automation, Linux/UNIX command line, relational databases, modern persistence solutions
- You have the desire to improve your skillset in parallel with our CI/CD pipeline
About the Live Games Team - Mission Parameters:
- We’re focused on one mission: to make our successful MMO games technologically fit for 2020 and beyond. (Imagine re-building an A320 while in the air). We have come far on that journey but this is a marathon, not a sprint
- Our legacy codebase has been around for a decade, keeping our players happy and engaged, but also outlasting the many hands that built it over the years. We respect it, but it comes with debt. We refactor it, trim it, or build around it. We sometimes even keep some of it never to be touched again, because that may well be the most pragmatic solution
- We moved our production infrastructure from on-prem to AWS along with most of our tooling; We run mission-critical functionality as serverless micro-services, all while feeding our huge Java monolith that just kept growing over the years
- We integrate React apps into our legacy games; we mix and match and build for the future while respecting our past
- Clearly this isn’t for everyone. It’s for the daring, the creative, the out-of-the-box-thinkers, the experienced, the multi-linguists, the hungry, the curious, the foolish, the getting-sh*-done-ers
Why to Join Us:
- You join a supportive team in a pragmatic, yet challenging environment, with short communication processes and flat hierarchies, perfect for growing your skills and competencies
- You will be working with multidisciplinary colleagues from the entire production lifecycle, developing and operating two very successful free-to-play games on mobile and web
- The team has many years of experience with live operations and a long-term strategy that keeps the players' excitement and engagement in mind
- Yet we are not set in our ways. We value employee contribution and you can have a real impact on the way we develop and operate our games
- While it's critical to keep our games running 24/7, we take work-life balance very seriously: We're proud to say that crunch-time is a very a rare exception
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life - and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.
Your contact person for this job offer is Patrick Corts.
During this difficult time of the Covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why we switched to a solely virtual recruiting process for the time being. We are still hiring and happy to receive your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree)!
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Online Marketing / eCommerce
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Dieses Jobangebot teilen
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.