Associate Developer - SAP Cloud Operations Engineering & Automation Team (f/m/d) in Dresden
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Within the Product Engineering Group, the Cloud Lifecycle Management Application Management team is providing central tools and architectures for provisioning and operating various SAP Cloud solutions. One of our main products is the Service Provider Cockpit (SPC), which is the de-facto standard suite for service operations in SAP’s major cloud units like S/4HANA, C/4HANA, HANA Enterprise Cloud, HCM and others. In addition to managing SAP’s inhouse IaaS platforms, SPC is also used to orchestrate workloads on all major hyperscalers (Azure, AWS, GCP, AliCloud).
The team drives the design, implementation and “productization” of the key lifecycle management services required to drive operations excellence for SAP’s cloud delivery. Examples are the Cloud Landscape Directory (CLD) for all SAP Cloud Business Tenants, Provisioning/Upsell/Renewal of single tenants as well as complete intelligent enterprise scenarios, Customer/Board/Field Notifications, Cloud Access Management, Downtime & Activity Management, Operations Lifecycle Management including Software Change Management as well as High Availability/Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Services all based on the IT Process Automation.
The team works in an agile mode and collaborates very closely with our customers and stakeholders to provide the most efficient operations support and appealing and easy to use functionality. In addition, we are also in close alignment with different product groups to bring SAPs product innovations to the cloud. Curiosity and passion for our customers are our inner drivers. We are therefore absolutely committed to integrate the latest innovations into our cloud services and content offerings for most appealing and efficient consumption.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As an Associate Developer within the SAP Operations Engineering & Automation Team you take over accountability for excellent execution of SAP’s Cloud strategy. You will be dealing with the full development cycle, from discussing requirements with our (internal) customers, to design, architecture, implementation, bug fixing and troubleshooting. In your role as an Associate Developer you will work closely with international colleagues together on development projects with the following activities:
• Design appealing and sustainable solutions for cloud operations using HANA and ABAP Development
• Implement powerful reports and analysis to support across all SAP cloud organizations
• Perform agile prototyping to evaluate which solution fits best for cloud operations
• Good team player, as we are working in a friendly and agile team
• “Can do” attitude with clear customer focus
• Openness to continuously learn new technologies
• Willingness to discuss directly with end users and stakeholders, and ability to translate their expectations into simple, “easy to use” and “easy to maintain” architecture and functionality
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Software Development Skills
• Programming skills in at least one object oriented language
• ABAP OO language as well as good database knowledge are an advantage
• Experience with SAP HANA Database development is a plus
• Knowledge of SAP Analytics Cloud for reporting and planning is a plus
• Knowledge in data processing on databases like SAP HANA using SQL, XSJS
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science or comparable IT apprenticeship
• Fluent in German (verbal/written) is must have (C2).
• Fluent in English (verbal/written) is much appreciated.
The position is suitable for developers starting their professional career.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?