(Associate) Developer (f/m/d) for SAP Cloud Foundry on Kubernetes in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the team
The SAP Cloud Platform is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) to manage and develop applications in public and private clouds. It is based on open standards, such as Kubernetes & Cloud Foundry and runs on different Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) layers – find more details here. Our team’s mission is to provide Cloud Foundry to SAP Cloud Platform for automated deployment, scaling, and management of containerized business applications.
We are involved in Open Source communities like the Cloud Foundry Foundation and the Cloud Native Computing Foundation to pave a common PaaS road. Close collaboration with other teams in the communities and within SAP is a lived practice.
As developer and member of our SAP Cloud Platform organization you will contribute to our PaaS strategy, especially focused on the underlying open-source platform. Exposure to newest technologies and open-source projects will be your daily life.
Specifically, you will:
- Build up your cloud expertise with both development and operational topics.
- Review, integrate, extend, operate and contribute to Cloud Foundry projects together with your team members.
- Enable microservice based applications on the SAP Cloud Platform.
- Work in an agile team living the Cloud Foundry development practices based on test-driven development and pair programming, living DevOps, requiring the flexibility and the ability to work on different topics.
We are looking for a strong, committed, self-motivated, reliable and analytically skilled team player and proactive networker.
Do you consider yourself a cloud-native? Do you fancy container technology and are all in when it comes to cloud-native architecture?
- A good bachelor or master degree in computer science, natural science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience in working with Unix/Linux environments and sound knowledge in at least one state of the art programming language.
- Expertise and readiness to analyze issues on multiple layers ranging from applications, services to operating system level in the code and at runtime.
- Curiosity and track record to understand and learn new technologies, concepts and tools.
- Goal-oriented team worker with excellent communication skills embracing agile programming practices and pair programming practices.
Fluency in German and English.
- Strongly convinced of and extended experience with test-driven development, continuous integration & delivery, committer/contributor model and pair programming, knowledge in using Git.
- Working experience with distributed systems.
- Experience in using, operating and developing on top of cloud infrastructures and services therein, e.g. with Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud.
Knowledge of or ideally concrete experience in contributing to open-source products & processes with the will to adopt, use, and contribute to them rather than to reinvent solutions.
Graduates are welcome! Up to 2 years of work experience in a respective software development area.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.