Working Student(f/m/d): Backend Development for Cloud-Native Applications in Potsdam
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Cloud Platform Enablement team is a group within the Product Engineering organization at SAP that works on innovative Cloud-native products. Our applications are powered by state-of-the-art technologies that allow us to implement cutting-edge applications with Cloud qualities such as elastic scaling and high availability.
Based on our experience, we also enable our partners and customers to innovate in the Cloud and integrate seamlessly with SAP’s products. To this end, we develop the SAP Cloud SDK, a set of libraries and tools used by hundreds of projects.
We are looking for support for a new Cloud development project in the retail industry, built with our SAP Cloud SDK.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- You are eager to contribute to a new project in a domain that is familiar to everyone – retail.
- Your tasks will include improving existing features, developing new functionality, and evaluating cutting-edge technologies, together with a highly motivated team.
- You will also have the chance to contribute reusable components to the SAP Cloud SDK, as open source contributions visible on GitHub.
- Quality should be a top priority. Our products are used in business-critical processes of our customers. High availability, good response times, and an intuitive user experience are essential.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Student (f/m/d) at a university or a university of applied sciences:
- Studying preferably in the fields: computer science, software engineering, or related fields
- Speaking English fluently, with German as a plus
- Besides that, you are an excellent team player with good communication skills and a passion for agile software engineering practices like Scrum or Kanban.
- Professional working experience is a plus.
Then YOU are the right candidate for this position. We are looking forward to your application and getting to know you.
Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter, a resume in table form, school leaving certificates, certificate of enrollment, current university transcript of records, copies of any academic degrees already earned, and if available, references from former employers (including internships). Please describe as well your experience and skills in foreign languages and computer programs / programming languages.
#Workingstudent #Werkstudent #Germany #Deutschland #Student
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Kundenservice
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?