Engineering Manager - Conversions (f/m/x) in Berlin
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 14 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen and shipped out more than 260 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our .
About the job
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be joining our Conversions Tribe and Squads and will be working towards the goal of measuring and increasing the number of customers for HelloFresh group to support business operations and growth. These Squads are dealing with HelloFresh's team around the globe, giving you a direct international exposure.
- As an Engineering Manager you will be actively contributing to the codebase and managing a cross-functional team of engineers.
- You will be responsible for the on-time delivery of your team’s projects, through creating a framework of accountability, and continuously optimizing your team’s performance by promoting a culture of excellence, where best practices and industry standards are an everyday habit.
- Enable quick and accurate decision making within the team by facilitating discussions, as well as driving the team to be more autonomous and self-sufficient.
- You will coach, mentor, and further grow and develop engineers on your team.
- As the manager of the team, you are expected to provide valuable and timely feedback to your team, as well as conduct regular performance reviews.
- You will be reporting directly to a Director of Engineering and you will be working closely with them on topics as hiring and capacity planning.
- You are an experienced software engineer who still contributes to the code, but also maintains an awareness of the bigger picture.
- You have experience managing at least one cross-functional team in an agile environment
- You have a great understanding and working knowledge of building scalable architecture
- You have the ability to communicate clearly, listen and show empathy.
- You are a self-organized individual, with focus and ability to prioritise your workload using business data and metrics.
- You can use creativity to solve complex problems.
- You are a humble leader, who is able to motivate a team and drive them to their full potential.
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
- Marketing / Kommunikation / PR / Werbung, IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.