Intern/ Working Student (f/m/d): Development of Strategic Projects in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Technology & Innovation (T&I) board area is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development such as SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA. In addition, T&I drives the incubation and adoption of intelligent technologies like Analytics, SAP Leonardo Machine Learning and Internet of Things (IoT) across SAP’s product portfolio. The T&I board area is also in charge of SAP’s global innovation agenda and builds new business model- and market driven innovations to help customers realize the most business value. Within the T&I board area, the Central Engineering unit is the operational backbone of Juergen Mueller’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) function. It comprises several teams addressing all architectural and conceptional questions to ensure engineering excellence throughout SAP.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As an Intern or Working Student (f/m/d) for Strategic Projects, you will be part of a technology-focused team that was built to help shape the future generations of SAP software. You will be working closely with the team on dedicated software engineering challenges or other projects. This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience and increase your knowledge. You will have the great opportunity to support various projects from our Executives with both internal and external visibility.
Being a competent member of this technology enthusiastic team, you can support us regarding the following projects (examples):
- Engineering at SAP – an interactive portal for SAP’s developers to learn about the company’s technology strategy (TypeScript, ReactJS, CouchDB, Lerna, Kubernetes, Bazel)
- SAP Graph – a developer friendly interface to SAP systems making development with SAP APIs even easier
- SAPPHIRE and TechEd keynote demos – creating demos and storylines for the keynote of SAP’s largest and most important customer and developer conferences
At SAP we have diversity at heart, so you will also be able to work with the brightest minds from a multitude of cultural and ethnical backgrounds.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Student (f/m/d) at a university or a university of applied sciences, preferred field(s) of study: Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Solid foundation knowledge in computer science and software engineering methodology
- Programming skills in frontend (e.g., TypeScript, ReactJS, Svelte, …) and/or backend (e.g., Java, SQL, Python, NodeJS) technologies as well as source code management (e.g., git)
- Experience in crafting web designs (HTML/CSS) and knowledge about UX fundamentals and methods
- Knowledge in database systems are a plus (e.g. SAP HANA, CouchDB,…)
- Experience in DevOps are a plus (e.g., Continuous Integration using Jenkins or Travis)
- Language skills: Fluent in German or English (written and spoken)
- Eager to learn about new technologies
- Hands-on working mentality
- Reliable and open-minded
- Strong team working skills
- Determined to reach a goal in time
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize tasks
This position is entry level. It’s a great opportunity for any motivated engineering student who wishes to gain practical experiences in professional product development and other strategic projects. Feel free to apply!
Please add to your application a resumé, cover letter and, if available, references from other employers.
#Workingstudent #Werkstudent #Internship #Praktikum #Germany #Deutschland #Student
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Kundenservice
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.