Primary German Teacher (m/f/d), Cologne, Germany in Köln
St. George’s School seeks a well-qualified professional to join our flourishing Primary School, to begin April 2020 or sooner.
Was du machen wirst:
Our German teachers work across the whole Primary department and play an important role in the life of the school.
German is a core element of the curriculum and is compulsory for all pupils in the Primary School. Although the working language of the school is English, all pupils are expected to develop or maintain a high level of fluency and literacy in our local language.
German is taught at a range of differentiated levels, with classes split between those learning German as a first language; those learning as a second language or near native level (our 'GSL' group); and those with no or little prior experience (our 'non-native' group).
Our non-native learners follow an accelerated course, and it is our aim that all learners achieve proficiency in the language. First language and GSL learners follow the local curriculum for German. Our German staff keep careful track of pupils' progress and maintain regular dialogue with parents.
- We are seeking to appoint a qualified German Teacher to teach German at native level within our team of primary teachers.
- The successful applicant will be a dynamic teacher with experience of enabling pupils to achieve their potential. We are looking for the right balance between experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching that will inspire our pupils.
- Fluency in English and familiarity with the English National Curriculum are a prerequisite as is a strong desire to contribute to the rich extra-curricular life of the department.
- We consider a degree in education (e.g. B.Ed./M.Ed./Lehramt), or postgraduate teaching certificate (e.g. PGCE) as valid. English language teaching certificates (e.g. TEFL/IELTS/CELTA) are not sufficient.
- We require additional information for your application, please provide the following when submitting an application,
1. Your passport information page or ID card
2. A copy of your degree certificate and teaching qualification.
St. George's is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will therefore be subject to enhanced background checks.
Was wir bieten:
- Ideal working environment to embrace your vocation and grow professionally.
- A range of additional increments are in place for positions of responsibility.
- First contracts are typically for two years, with a six month probationary period. Permanent contracts are issued following this period, based on mutual agreement between both parties.
Was wir erwarten:
- Masterabschluss We consider a degree in education (e.g. B.Ed./M.Ed./Lehramt), or postgraduate teaching certificate (e.g. PGCE) as valid. English language teaching certificates (e.g. TEFL/IELTS/CELTA) are not sufficient.
Bist du der ideale Kandidat für diese Stelle? Dann bewirb dich jetzt und wir werden dich so schnell wie möglich kontaktieren.
St. George's values are: Inspire, Value, Grow, and these are at the core of all we do.
Serving the international community in Cologne for over 30 years, St. George's School combines an enriching curriculum with family orientated care. The school has grown from small beginnings into a thriving community of over 850 pupils, aged from 2-18 and representing more than 70 nationalities.
The National Curriculum is taught throughout the school; we offer the IB Diploma in our Sixth form.
One of a group of three schools located across Germany, St. George's Cologne offers the successful applicant an exciting range of opportunities for professional development and growth across the school group.
Located on a new, purposebuilt campus on the outskirts of Cologne, St. George's School enjoys direct transport links to the city centre, as well as to the greater area of Cologne-Bonn.
Germany's fourth largest city, Cologne is a dynamic and vibrant cultural centre with a large and diverse international community. Situated in the heart of Europe, Cologne offers a high standard of living as well as numerous opportunities for travel and cultural discovery.
Cologne-Bonn airport is located only 20km from the school, with many daily flights to the UK, and a highspeed rail service connects Cologne to London, via Brussels.
- Arbeitsstunden pro Woche
- 35 - 40
- Zwischen 35.000€ und 53.000€ pro Jahr
- Verantwortlich für
- Pädagogik / Nachhilfe
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
- Englisch, Deutsch
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.