Planning & Schedule Lead - Gigafactory Berlin (m/w/d)
The Role: The Project... Team’s primary objective is to support the engineering, procurement,... construction (EPC) group in the design, planning, and execution of... infrastructure by providing management with...
The Project Control Team’s primary objective is to support the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) group in the design, planning, and execution of company infrastructure by providing management with critical, decision-making information that ensures projects deliver on time and on budget. The Team does this by closely collaborating with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to: 1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule; 2) establish reasonable baselines; 3) identify and manage risk; and 4) track, monitor, and report project performance. The Team can then make valuable recommendations that drive project performance.
Tesla is seeking a seasoned Project Controls Manager with relevant construction experience to support the buildout of Tesla’s global facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for supporting the execution team by managing project cost and scheduling activities from the design phase to project close out.
- Planning: Lead site infrastructure planning efforts including the breakdown of various projects such as site work, building, utilities, and tooling, into manageable planning and scheduling packages. Work with product, program, design, and construction managers to define and plan the work, manage internal and external (subcontractor) planning resources, and track and report progress. Monitor construction progress and turnover dates against key production milestones.
- Conceptual and Detailed Planning: Lead the schedule development lifecycle from conceptual project planning through detailed, execution scheduling. Conduct periodic planning meetings align the plan with the execution strategy. Work closely with key stakeholders including engineering, procurement, estimating, and construction management to properly sequence the work, assess durations, and enhance the overall quality and accuracy of the plan.
- Scheduling: Utilize Oracle Primavera P6 to schedule projects in accordance with both company and professional quality standards. Confirm reasonableness of contractor durations and ramp plans. Ensure schedule has complete scope coverage, identify potential scope growth, and ensure allowances and contingencies are appropriately used. Utilize industry benchmarks and internal historical durations to validate the quality of the overall schedule.
- Risk Assessment: Work with key stakeholders to identify schedule risks, and lead the schedule contingency development process.
- Quality Reviews: Perform quality reviews over work prepared and submitted by others to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- System and Process Development: Support the continued development of scheduling system (EPS and tables), its ongoing administration, processes, and templates. Develop scheduling metrics, and benchmarks that allow for the standardization of durations used by various stakeholders for planning in early design stages.
- Performance Tracking: Track and summarize schedule performance with other project controls functions and the finance teams.
- Studies: Lead ad-hoc schedule studies that enable rapid decision-making based on tradeoffs between alternatives.
- Other work as needed in support of successful project delivery.
- Ability to communicate fluently in German and English
- BS or equivalent higher education in Engineering, Construction, Construction Management, or other relevant areas (with equivalent experience).
- 10 years of experience in construction planning and scheduling preferably in industrial and/or high-tech industries.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction means and methods in the civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines.
- Comprehensive understanding of planning and Critical Path Method scheduling processes and procedures for multi-billion dollar facilities.
- Ability to lead planning and progressing meetings with a variety functions, disciplines, and trades.
- Software systems and packages including Oracle Primavera (P6), Microsoft Project, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office
- Advanced Oracle Primavera P6 experience.
- Knowledge of earned value concepts and using construction to validate productivity and durations.
- Baugewerbe, IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.