(Associate) User Assistance Developer (f/m/d) for the SAP ABAP Platform Team in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP ABAP Platform
SAP ABAP Platform drives innovation from the heart of SAP. ABAP Platform consists of 600 people located around the globe, with the majority located in Germany. For many years ABAP Platform has been the foundation of SAP’s successful on-premise solution. We are SAP’s technical foundation and proud that our innovations are used by over 12 million people in 120 countries. In small and agile development teams, we innovate on programming languages, higher-level application services and development platforms to make SAP the best-run enterprise software. Our latest ABAP platform cloud release powers SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment and SAP S/4HANA Cloud. With SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment, ABAP developers can build innovative cloud applications and leverage the latest in cloud services.
The documentation of our technologies and services is an integral part of our software. We are hiring user assistance developers for our technology teams. You will work closely with database, operating system, application server, middleware and tools experts to provide excellent English documentation for our software and to help give our users the best possible experience.
Interested? Then don’t hesitate to apply, bring your experience to the team and become a valuable member of the SAP ABAP Platform team.
We are looking for a smart, quality conscious user assistance developer (f/m/d) who enjoys programming and technical writing and who wants to help us drive the adoption of our innovations in the area of ABAP Platform. You will:
- Create English reference documentation and example programs for our programming languages, programming model and application services in close collaboration with the development scrum teams and other user assistance developers
- Gain expert knowledge about our technologies by reading design documents, discussing with the development teams, debugging code and implementing executable programs to exemplify the software
- Create operational runbooks describing the procedures and operations to be carried out by our customers and partners when leveraging the capabilities of SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment
- Ensure that the user assistance (UA) deliverables are of high quality, adhere to standards and guidelines, and are written in appropriate style and tone for software developers
- Define terminology that is simple, consistent and conforms to industry standards
- Act as an advocate for an excellent user experience
- Plan and coordinate the UA deliverables together with our product owners
- Work with our content management systems like IXIASOFT/DITA
Developing software at SAP is a team effort. We will facilitate and support your learning. During your first 12 months we offer you training courses geared to learning our technologies, a buddy program and regular knowledge exchanges with experienced colleagues.
If you are interested in applying your technical and language skills to a make a difference to developers and SAP customers around the world, send us your application!
- A good to excellent university degree in technical communication or computer science with some experience in technical writing
- Strong skills and fluency in English and German
- The ability to express complex technical information in a clear and precise manner
- Basic programming skills in a language like ABAP, SQL, Java or C++
- Outstanding communication skills
- A willingness to acquire extensive product knowledge and learn new skills at short notice
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, deliver on time in high quality
- Experience writing task-orientated content is a plus
- Graduates who want to start their career or candidates with 1 to 2 years of experience in technical writing
Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter, a resume in table form, school leaving certificates, certificate of enrollment, current university transcript of records, copies of any academic degrees already earned, and if available, references from former employers (including internships). Please also describe your experience and skills in foreign languages and computer programming.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Kundenservice
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.