Senior Data Engineer (f/m/x) in Berlin
... At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home...
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our .
As a Data Operations Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be collaborating to build a robust and highly performant data platform using cutting-edge technologies. You will improve and maintain the infrastructure that enables Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Business Analysts to get the most value out of the data.
You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data related problems, like:
- Design and build a world-class self-service data platform
- Taking responsibility for design, build and maintenance of our data infrastructure, with special focus on flexibility and scalability
- Understand and bring solutions for complex business problems, enabling insights that can empower better decision-making
- Strong experience in Software Engineering
- Ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high quality solutions. Preferable with experience in Python and infrastructure-as-code frameworks (Ansible, Terraform).
- Experience with Amazon AWS, DevOps and Automation
- Experience with Apache Spark and Apache Kafka
- Experience with Hadoop, plus distributions like EMR, Cloudera or Hortonworks
- Experience with distributed SQL engines (e.g. Hive, Impala)
- Experience with data-related security and privacy technologies (e.g. LDAP, Active Directory, Apache Sentry)
- Experience with job orchestration tools like Airflow, Luigi or similar
- Experience with CI/CD systems like Jenkins, Concourse
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools (Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
It would be beneficial if you also have the following:
- Knowledge of visualisation tools (Tableau, Grafana)
- Experience with Data Quality checks and tools
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Redis or Cassandra
- Experience with productionalising machine learning model
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
- Marketing / Kommunikation / PR / Werbung, IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.