Mechanical Engineering Lead | Gigafactory Berlin (m/w/d)
The... As the Mechanical Design Lead in the EPC team, you will be reporting to the EPC Manager and be responsible to perform the preparation of mechanical engineering studies, contract drawings, technical specifications, and...
As the Mechanical Design Lead in the EPC team, you will be reporting to the EPC Manager and be responsible to perform the preparation of mechanical engineering studies, contract drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates; evaluate project scopes, develop design criteria, budgets for design services, and design schedules; provide technical advice and assistance to facility and other owners in matters related to mechanical engineering; audit mechanical engineering designs performed by consultants; lead project teams in the preparation of mechanical engineering designs including preparation of request for proposals (RFP), design coordination, status reporting, schedule reporting, budget reporting, and brief senior staff. The mechanical engineering designs include, but not be limited to, heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, cooling and heating hydronic systems including cooling towers and chiller plants, plumbing design and Fire Protection performance specifications. This position will be expected to build, lead and mentor a mechanical team.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a prestigious, accredited program
- 15 years plus experience in design Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems and some plumbing and fire protection design experience
- Professional Design Experience in a wide range of project types including: high tech/semi-conductor, bio-tech/pharmaceutical, manufacturing R&D, industrial, mission critical/data centers, chiller plants, boiler plants, office, restaurant, and commercial
- Working knowledge of controls and significant experience with developing sequences of operation
- Experience in writing engineering reports and assessing systems and construction quality
- Construction Administration experience including site observation visits and review of RFIs, and shop drawings
- Capable of managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and directing and overseeing engineering staff work for same projects
- Direct experience in the preparation of mechanical contract drawings and engineering specifications
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as HVAC load calculations, Pipe-flo, Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoCAD.
- Proficient in technical German and English
Prepares a variety of engineering deliverables (Basis of Design and Engineering narratives, preliminary code research, Conceptual Design, Fire Protection performance specifications, Sealed HVAC/Plb drawings including P&IDs, schematics, plans, specifications) for multiple projects.
Manages and audits design services performed by consultants including preparing RFP scope and independent cost estimate, critically reviewing consultant proposals, negotiating cost, ensuring schedule/budget compliance, auditing scope conformance and quality, and reviewing consultant performance.
Reviews shop drawings and submittals within schedule and resolving difficult field issues in a timely manner.
Complete understanding and familiarity with calculating, sizing and selecting mechanical and hydraulic equipment, distribution and infrastructure. Including but not limited to: Thermal Oxidizers, Air Scrubbers, Dust Collectors, Heat Exchangers (shell/tube, plate/frame, brazed fin), Chillers, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Air Handling Units, Terminal Units, Fans / Blowers, Pumps, DOAS Units, Control Valves and Instrumentation, Chemical Piping, Hazardous Exhaust, Dehumidification Units, Heat Recovery Systems, Energy Savings Equipment.
Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- VDI Standards including VDI 3673, VDI 2263, VDI 2083
- ISO Standards including ISO 14644
- DIN Standards including EN 1505, EN 1506, EN 1507, EN 12237, EN 13180
Actively coordinates with internal/external team members. Typically responsible for defining project schedules for HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection.
Respond to code comments and resolves permit issues with code officials
Assist in resolving construction conflicts and answers questions from contractors and bidders
Provide in-field or on-site surveys and inspections and draft subsequent site report
Ensure the installation of the mechanical system meets the plans and specifications of the original design and the expectations of the client
Resolving design issues creatively and thoroughly coordinating design with other disciplines
Proactively provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and TESLA policies. Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards. Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
Review Mechanical design packages from other team members
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams. Typically supports multiple projects. Actively advances knowledge management of the enterprise and provides mentoring
Typically oversees performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development, and corrective actions
Resolves resource conflicts and identifies training needs
Oversee, direct, mentor and train junior staff in proper design techniques and methodology
Review the work product of junior staff
Provides timely and crisp communication
Fluent in German and English
List of representative projects
Resume with detailed experience information for each position held
- Baugewerbe, IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.