Limited employment up to 6 months (f/m/d): Surveying the Engineering Experience at SAP in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Agile & Cloud Development Competencies team enables SAP’s global development organization to create highly innovative and successful products and solutions. We coach and train state-of-the-art agile methods, processes, and leadership, as well as cloud-native engineering. In addition, we engage with the global development organization to foster knowledge exchange on agile, cloud and other topics. Our global team is spread across the globe in Walldorf, Shanghai, Bangalore and Palo Alto.
As part of our efforts to advance successful and state-of-the-art engineering, we are leading a company-wide program to implement changes in SAP’s development organization. Two of the fundamental aspects of our program are transparency and understanding. By using surveying and feedback techniques to collect and analyze data about the experience of our engineering workforce, we establish a common picture of the state of our engineering practices and development processes. We aim to describe such state in clear terms, i.e. as a set of well-defined and commonly-agreed indicators. Other workstreams in the program are referencing these indicators to plan and shape their activities, meaning we need periodic updates to track progress and adjust course.
Surveying Project: SAP acquired Qualtrics at the beginning of 2019, the leading provider of Experience Management solutions. With the influx this expertice, we are looking towards professionalizing our surveying and feedback gathering activities. We plan to conduct a small project over a 6-month period aiming to develop and field test a sustainable concept that satisfies our wider transparency requirements, as well as our more concrete data gathering needs. The concept should build on previous work and should ensure that we obtain robust and significant data in appropriate intervals.
We are looking for a motivated graduate or young professional to assist us in our project, ideally adding relevant surveying and data analysis expertise to the team
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Collect and process requirements from stakeholders and update our model of key indicators accordingly.
- Analyze state-of-the-art in surveying, Experience Management and data analysis: capabilities, advantages/disadvantages for specific use cases, etc.
- Develop and document surveying / research activities that address relevant requirements and allow for sustainable data gathering among the target population.
- Collaborate with other roles to define and implement developed activities in order to field test them, incl. targeted communication campaign.
- Run data analysis and create reports summarizing the findings. Adapt the reports for different stakeholders (survey population, senior management, etc.) to ensure compliance with data protection and privacy standards.
- Review field test and adjust surveying / research activities for next iteration.
- Prepare and administer infrastructure that supports surveying and analysis activities, including survey tools, analysis tools and reporting / presentation tools.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Required Skills (must-have)
- Graduate (f/m/d) of a university or a university of applied science with a background in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Informatics or equivalent; or Social Sciences, Psychology or equivalent
- Well-developed analytical skills, i.e. being able to structure complex problems and perform conceptual work with requirements coming from a multitude of diverse stakeholders
- Apply interpersonal, networking and communication skills to quickly build relationships
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally
- Very good team player with goal-oriented working style, proactive work attitude and ability to work in a coordinated manner as part of a larger program
Preferred Skills (nice-to-have)
- Experience with designing and conducting surveys or other types of research in social structures
- Experience with data analysis and data statistics, incl. practical knowledge working with tools for data analysis, statistics and/or reporting
- Some knowledge of SAP’s product strategy & product portfolio, and/or SAP’s technology strategy
- No or up to 2 years of relevant professional experience
One of the following must be met
- Strong course profile and excellent grades covering relevant subjects
- Practical experience working on designing social studies and/or analyzing/reporting data of such studies
- Work experience in an engineering context, ideally software/IT, is beneficial
- International or cross-cultural experience – working or studying – is also beneficial
Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter, a resume in table form, school leaving certificates, certificate of enrollment, current university transcript of records, copies of any academic degrees already earned, and if available, references from former employers (including internships). Please describe as well your experience and skills in foreign languages and computer programs / programming languages.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.