Head of Construction International (m/f/x) in Berlin
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Auckland - with more in the pipeline. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless. We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
The position can be based in London, UK Midlands or Berlin, with immediate responsibilities in Europe, expanding rapidly to include Canada and Australasia. Travel is an expected and frequent part of the role.About the job
- Manage all phases of design and construction or refurbishment of our chilled production and distribution facilities across the relevant markets and geographies
- Opportunity to develop into office and call-centre fit-out projects.
- Give educated views on approximate construction budget estimates related to scope.
- Engage professional firms (architects, engineers, cost consultants), advise on design and procurement routes, manage and support the general contractor during all phases of construction as needed.
- Participate in Project Control Groups, attend field site visits and give input as required regarding construction, engineering, utility, and cost viability. Client Representative for budget approval including Variation Orders.
- Advise on feasibility and buildability of production layouts.
- Learn about local statutory and landlord approvals, ensure certifications are documented.
- Seek opportunities for value-engineering and programme optimisation throughout the project.
- Self-starter - able to act independently with minimum of control, working with the local management and taking responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of projects.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years experience in built-asset consultancy and/or client-side construction, real estate or development projects.
- Educated to degree-level in a construction field: building services, industrial engineering or similar. Further business qualifications would be useful.
- A track record of managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects ahead of schedule and adhering to the highest quality and standards while managing a budget.
- Experience of chilled distribution sites would be a real advantage.
- Pronounced ability to read, understand and comment on architectural and engineering construction drawings.
- Experience in communicating and building relationships with contractors, landlords, local jurisdictions, utility providers and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
- Ability to travel (50%-75%) is required.
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- A vibrant, international environment
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Potential succession route into Head of Property role
- Competitive compensation
- Benefit from our selection of employee perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, sabbatical policy, pension scheme etc. - benefits depending on the HelloFresh office where you will be based!)
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date.
- Marketing / Kommunikation / PR / Werbung, IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.