Game Designer/Balancer (all genders) - New Moon Production in Hamburg
Let the games begin and become a part of our team. Goodgame Studios successfully fuses art and science and has thus become Germany's biggest game developer. We merge analytical science with dynamic creativity.
Department: Game Design
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 300 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront Group AB in 2018. Stillfront Group AB is a group of independent creators , publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
At New Moon Production we specialise in game development for both mobile and web. We are looking to add a Game Balancer/Systems Designer (all genders) to kick ass bringing new games to the market and adding new content to our existing portfolio. You will be working in one of our small, but highly motivated team to bring Goodgame branded cross platform games to the market. We are looking for a numbers-driven designer with a passion for games, that can work closely with the development team to provide optimal player experience.
- Model complex and compelling game economies based on high-level game concepts
- Create specifications and mockups of new gameplay systems with heightened attention-to-detail and game specifics
- Review game metrics and data with Analysts and adjust economy models to tune the underlying numbers in order to optimize the Gameplay experience and monetization
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from user focus tests into existing economy design/balancing system
- Work closely with the game’s product lead to shape new feature designs and break them down into manageable chunks that can be incorporated into the development schedule
- Collaborate within the development team during the development process
- Knowledge of Statistical & Decision Mathematics
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- A capacity to understand mathematical modeling in game design and what the numbers means in practice (Data structure, creation and management)
- Good knowledge of game balancing, pacing and monetization strategies for free to play games
- Ability to communicate (verbal, written) complex ideas and theories with clarity
- A creative mindset, exceptional logical and analytical capabilities, able to think from a player’s point of view and stay organized under pressure
- Balancing Tools, ability create and maintain tools that accurately represent programmed systems, gameplay or increase productivity.
- Nice to have: In-depth knowledge of VBA
- Nice to have: several years of professional experience in designing games with at least one shipped free-to-play title
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution
- A positive work-life balance
- Leading technology and analysis opportunities that give you the freedom to innovate
We look forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date through our online application form.
Your contact person for this job offer is Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Online Marketing / eCommerce
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.