Senior Data Scientist - Forecasting (f/m/x) in Berlin
... At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home...
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 12 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen and shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our .About the job
As we deliver more than half a million meal boxes around the world every week, predicting user demand with high accuracy is very crucial for our success. Therefore, we are searching for a highly skilled data scientist with solid experience in time-series analysis to join our team. This Senior Data Scientist will play a key role in understanding forecasting problems, providing analytical approaches and building new forecasting models with outstanding accuracy rates.
You combine analytical vigor with great desire to take ownership and thrive in a dynamic environment. Your technical expertise is accompanied by communication skills. Results reflect your work ethics, diligence and dedication to details.
Who we are looking for
- MSc in quantitative fields like Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Data Science. Ph.D. is a plus.
- Industry experience as a data scientist.
- Competence in data-intensive projects using tools such as Python, SQL, version control systems (e.g. git), ML-related libraries such as scikit-learn.
- In-depth theoretical knowledge in statistical forecasting and building complex time series models and hands-on experience using at least one of the following modelling techniques: ARIMA, ARCH/GARCH and Exponential Smoothing.
- Strong interest in understanding operations topics in order to provide new and/or better technical solutions for demand forecasting.
- A proven record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritisation and delivering results.
- Experience in training and mentoring junior team members.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills in order to explain complex/technical information clearly and concisely
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
- Marketing / Kommunikation / PR / Werbung, IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.