Director of Data Engineering (m/f/x) in Berlin
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 12 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen and shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our .
We’re at an early stage of our data platform. This means that as the Director of Data Engineering, you’ll be working with different challenges and will have a huge opportunity to design our data platform infrastructure, work on our global data philosophy, create strategy and technical roadmaps and grow the data teams and responsibilities.
- Rethink the way we think about and handle data across the organisation and be the agent of change
- Build a global GDPR-compliant self-service data platform and oversee its rollout and adaptation
- Work effectively with Engineering, Product, Design and other business areas towards a common goal of building automated data quality checks and a great data governance model
- Hire, inspire, manage, and grow cross-functional Data Engineering teams, ensuring every engineer has adequate growth opportunities
- Lead goal-oriented teams that deliver customer value early and often, diligently measuring results
- Set and ensure the upholding of high standards for quality, scalability and customer focus
- Be part of the engineering leadership team and help set strategy and goals across multiple engineering teams
- Collaborate with out Platform Tribe to establish a common Cloud Infrastructure for data storage, workloads, monitoring and incident management
- Play a key role in ensuring the ongoing alignment of our technology with the overall business strategy for the company
- A strong leader capable of balancing the needs of our internal customers with the legal and compliance requirements towards the handling of our data
- Experienced in managing multiple teams at the same time, including leading both engineers and team leads
- Coached and mentored engineers in their careers, acting as a true multiplier across the organization
- A technical background and past experience in engineering leadership roles, with a clear impact towards achieving business goals
- Experienced with Agile methodologies, with a focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking and quick iterations
- Ability to set clear goals and create measurable impact, while collaborating with different stakeholders to facilitate agreement
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
- Marketing / Kommunikation / PR / Werbung, IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.