Engineering Manager - Data Science (f/m/x) in Berlin
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 12 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen and shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our .
- Leading a goal-oriented team that delivers customer value early and often, diligently measuring results.
- Playing a key role in ensuring the ongoing alignment of our technology with the overall business strategy for the company.
- Hiring, inspiring, managing, and growing a cross-functional data science team, ensuring every Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineer has adequate growth opportunities.
- Setting and ensuring the high standards for quality, scalability and customer focus.
- Working effectively with Product, Marketing, and Operations counterparts towards a common goal of delivering great experiences to our customers.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to discover innovative ways of leveraging vast repositories of user generated data.
- Experience within technical and people management, leading both Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers.
- Written and verbal communication skills, ability to build effective communication structures in a fast growing engineering organization.
- Strong technical background, demonstrated in past leadership roles with a clear impact towards achieving business goals.
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking and quick iterations
- Coached and mentored Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers in their careers.
- A self-organized individual, with excellent focus and prioritization of workload using business data and metrics.
- A strong understanding of the state of the art in machine learning methods and in depth techniques for practical application.
- Background working with Python and knowledge of data libraries as sklearn and pandas.
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
- Marketing / Kommunikation / PR / Werbung, IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.