(Senior) User Assistance Developer for SAPUI5 (f/m/d) in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
In the SAP Cloud Platform department, the global Engineering Services team provides development-related services to product / development units to enable fast, cost-effective, and reliable delivery of products. In our role as Service unit we support product innovation for SAP’s cloud offerings and on-premise products.
Our User Assistance team (User Assistance for User Interfaces, UA4UI) is supporting a variety of development teams in the areas of UI technologies, SAP Cloud Portal, SAP Fiori Technology, and Web IDE regarding all product documentation / user assistance needs. The UA4UI team is in Israel and Germany with significant cross-location cooperation.
We are looking for an open minded, well-motivated Technical Writer/User Assistance Developer. You will work as part of scrum development teams, and at the same time in close cooperation with peers to tackle the challenges of the user assistance needs. You will not only be responsible for classic product documentation, but also for modern User Assistance deliverables like videos, interactive graphics, blogs, documentation on Github, etc., and need to cooperate with UA colleagues across SAP.
Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model. Every team member gets the opportunity for training and ongoing career development.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
After an initial on the job training:
- Assume responsibility for the development of product documentation and other user assistance deliverables
- Research, plan, and create comprehensible and technically accurate content; organize and conduct reviews of your content
- Work with the development teams as well as with User Experience, Product Management, and colleagues from the support organization to gather necessary input and feedback for your deliverables
- Focus on quality, user experience, and customer success
Be a good team player, provide support, cooperate actively and constructively with peers to solve problems
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
An excellent university degree in Technical Writing or a related subject
- A high degree of technical literacy, allowing for rapid acquisition and comprehension of new technical concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German with the ability to express complex technical information in a clear and precise manner
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and switch to new subject matters quickly
- Track record in working in international teams and projects
Customer orientation with a strong focus on quality
- Ixiasoft and/or DITA knowledge, at least practical experience with XML-based writing
- Experience in profiling for multiple shipments, e.g. on-premise and Cloud shipments
Community engagement, video creation, usability testing
Some years of practical experience in user assistance development at SAP or several years of practical experience in technical writing outside of SAP.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.