Education Services: Developer for Java on SAP HANA DB and SAP Cloud Platform in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Our team Knowledge Transfer & Education is responsible for the development of the latest trends in Learning & Education. We develop and operate all infrastructure and applications which are required for SAP Product Trainings: from planning, production to delivery of trainings to our customers via SAP Learning Hub. Our tool KATie (Knowledge Asset Tool) administers all training portfolio planning and production processes. It runs on the SAP Cloud Platform and works with SAP UI5, Java, SAP HANA® and SAP Analytics Cloud® technology.
Are you interested in working with cloud and cutting-edge technology? You will find an inspiring environment for your personal learning and growth in our team. You will be working in a global team with locations in Germany, Ireland, USA, Canada, China and the Philippines. We emphasize teamwork and a trust-based working model. And we work in development operations as we develop and operate our learning applications together.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
We are looking for developers who:
- Translate training business requirements into a Java server application running on the SAP Cloud Platform
- Have a working knowledge of Maven and Spring Framework
- Know how to monitor and run a database, including performance measurement actions
- Have knowledge of test-driven development, using automated testing solutions such as Groovy
- Are eager to develop in Agile mode within a dedicated Scrum team
- Are confident to work in both environments - development and operations - responding to both bugs and new feature requests
As developer in our team you will be responsible for:
- Transforming feature requests into working features using Java
- Maintaining the SAP HANA DB and monitoring the performance dashboards
- Performing root cause analysis, propose changes and apply corrections for reported bugs
- Working together virtually with our global team
As a developer in our team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Expand or obtain knowledge of SAP HANA® DB Development, SAP UI5, SAP Cloud Platform, and SAP Analytics Cloud
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Very good programming know-how in Java
- Good understanding of the SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA DB
- Applied Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Very good communication and presentation skills to collaborate with the business stakeholders
- Fluent in English, both spoken and in writing
- Fluent in German, both spoken and in writing
- Professional user of MS Office (Power Point, Outlook, XLS, Skype)
- Excellent degrees during studies in business administration with technology focus, computer science, information technology or software engineering
- Java EE, Maven, Spring
- Git, Jenkins
- XML, JSON, OData
- SAP UI5
- 1 year development experience in Java
- This position is a 6-months limited contract offer and is especially offered for university graduates who want to gain first working experience at SAP
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.