Developer for HANA Development Experience (f/m/d) in Walldorf
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
We are building the next generation, industry-leading cloud database HANA, and the team is searching for application developers on HANA in Walldorf. Do you want to be at the forefront of leading innovation of cloud database? Do you want to be in a fast-paced, startup team culture with the massive market share, muscle and stability of SAP? Would you like the opportunity to work in a global team? Do you want to hone and deepen your skills using cutting-edge technologies for cloud, big data, HANA, and application development? Would you thrive in a collaborative environment with other highly skilled engineers, where every member including management makes technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a developer (f/m/d) in our team, you will be working with a group of exceptionally talented and motivated colleagues. Our development process follows the principle of continuous integration, and we use the latest tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins and JIRA with custom-tailored extensions in conjunction with in-house developed software. In our team you will develop and improve the Development Experience of HANA, specifically the end-user facing frontend tools of the HANA database, as well as cooperate with user interface designers and stakeholders to deliver the best developer experience for our customers.
On a usual day you will...
- define and develop new state-of-the-art features in close collaboration with highly skilled team members
In addition to that you will...
- work closely with our designers to provide our customers with fresh, friendly, and elegantly simple user experiences no matter their function or role within the application
- engage and prototype HANA tools on the latest technologies for platform and application development
- cooperate with our global Development Experience team and to discuss latest features, direction and innovation
- drive innovation by constantly exploring and adopting cutting-edge features of other applications in our development
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in computer science or related technical discipline
- High proficiency in German and English, both spoken and written
- Experience with developing cloud products
- Experience with designing web-based user interfaces using SAP UI5, HTML5, and CSS
- Deep knowledge of software design and software architecture
- Being a team player working with multiple development teams and across locations
- Ability to “think out of the box” and drive innovation from idea to execution
- Experience with databases and procedural SQL, especially HANA SQLScript
- Experience in working with SAP products such as SAP HANA, SAP WebIDE, SAP HANA XS Engine, SAP Cloud Platform
- Very good programming skills in Java
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps
We encourage professionals with development-related work experience to apply for this position.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Anmelden
Wir heißen zwar YoungCapital, aber bei uns ist jeder willkommen. Auch wenn du schon etwas mehr Erfahrung hast. Noch mehr Fragen? Check unsere FAQ.