Senior Gameplay Server Developer (m/f) – Live Games
Level: Experienced Professionals
Department: Live Games
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 300 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators , publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
Our live games team is searching for a new Senior Gameplay Server Developer (m/f) – Live Games to work closely with the design team and develop new and outstanding gameplay features.
Do you combine excellent coding skills with the ability to think outside the box to achieve an amazing gameplay experience for our 300 million users?
You join a supportive team of specialists in a pragmatic environment, with short communication processes and flat hierarchies, perfect for developing your skills and competencies and having a high impact on our business results.
Join us now and push our live games to the next level!
- Build new and exciting gameplay features and content keeping our online player base constantly engaged
- Refactor and modify existing and legacy features to accommodate new adjustments and dynamic content addition while increasing maintainability and modularity of our growing codebase
- Work closely with the game design and monetization teams to ensure that all gameplay features meet the functional requirements and swiftly adapt to changes based on internal feedback, community reception and big data analytics
- Keep the creative teams familiar with technical capabilities and limitations
- Collaborate with gameplay developers and DevOps to identify and mitigate weak points in stability and performance
- Coach and guide gameplay developers (e.g. through test design and code reviews) towards cleaner code design, wider test coverage and attention to efficiency
- Consult our Studio Technical Director and our technical expert team on the architecture of new and existing features
- Define and lead gameplay prototypes
Technology we use:
- Java 8 and popular libraries, e.g. Spring 4 (mostly core and IoC Container), Netty, Guava, Apache Commons, protobuf
- Testing: jUnit, Mockito
- DB: MySQL, AWS Aurora
- Build & Deployment: Maven, Jenkins
- Frontend: HTML5, TypeScript, CreateJS, Webpack
- Logging, Monitoring & Alerting: EFK stack (ElasticSearch + Fluentd + Kibana), Graphite+Grafana stack, AWS Cloudwatch
- Infrastructure: AWS EC2, Route53, RDS
- Process: Gitlab, Jira, Confluence
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building and operating live games or other types of production-grade, large-scale consumer applications
- Strong background in multi-threading and writing concurrent code. Practical experience in analysing and solving concurrency-related problems is considered as a plus (e.g. thread dump analysis)
- Attention to security and awareness of latest best practices
- Experience dealing with SQL databases with a good eye for performance (proper indexing, caching, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Right mindset regarding both scalability and maintainability
- Good experience with performance profiling and optimisation in large-scale apps and services
- A proactive mindset combined with result and cost-oriented thinking
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to see beyond established solutions
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution
- A positive work-life balance
- Leading technology and analysis opportunities that give you the freedom to innovate
- Working in a multidisciplinary team operating and developing two very successful free-to-play games on mobile and web
- Opportunities to make a difference to the way we develop and operate our games
- A challenging environment with a long-lasting strategy that keeps the players' excitement and engagement in mind
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. Its maritime atmosphere and Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, and make it easy for you to get to know your new hometown.
Your contact person for this job offer is Anna-Katja Sparke
We look forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, and references), as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date through our online application form.
- Veröffentlicht am
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung, Online Marketing / eCommerce
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?